- Offset mortgages utilise your savings to reduce your mortgage term or monthly payments thereby lowering the overall cost of your mortgage.
- You can compare the latest interest rates on offset mortgages from UK lenders in the table below.
What are you looking to do?
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Our mortgage comparison service lists products from featured lenders with whom we have a direct commercial arrangement with. The mortgage data above was supplied by Moneyfacts Ltd and is updated at the time of mortgage search. The figures and data provided in our tables are for illustration purposes only. While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this data you should always confirm the terms on offer with the provider/broker. We do not give any financial advice.
Offset Mortgages FAQs
How does an offset mortgage work?
With an offset mortgage you can use your savings to reduce the interest payments on your mortgage. You will only pay interest on your mortgage less your savings amount. For example, if you have a £200,000 mortgage but you have £40,000 in savings you'll only pay interest on £160,000.
Will I pay more for an offset mortgage?
Yes, offset mortgages tend to have higher rates than regular mortgages.
What types of offset mortgage are on offer?
As with regular mortgages there are fixed rate offset mortgages and variable rate offset mortgages on offer, including tracker, lifetime tracker or discount rate offsets.
What fees will I pay with an offset mortgages?
As with all mortgages you could pay an arrangement fee, booking fee, valuation fee and legal fees however not all fees apply to all products.
What are the benefits of offset mortgages?
With an offset mortgage you can choose how to benefit from the savings you make on interest. You can either reduce your monthly repayments or you can pay the same each month but reduce the mortgage term, allowing you to clear your mortgage in a shorter amount of time.
What are the downsides?
Your savings won't earn any interest - although that does mean you won't pay any tax on them.
Offset mortgages do tend to be more expensive so be prepared to pay a slightly higher rate.
What criteria will I have to meet?
The criteria for offset mortgages in no different from the general criteria mortgage lenders will expect you to meet for all mortgages, such as having a good credit score and being within the lender's age limit. There's no minimum savings limit either however if you don't have a large amount of savings it is worth doing your sums to see if an offset will benefit you. You'll be paying a higher rate for the mortgage so the discount on interest that your savings afford you will need to justify that.
Most lenders will also require at least a 20% deposit.
How can I compare offset mortgages?
Using Know Your Money's comprehensive comparison tables you can compare offset mortgages by rate, fee and overall cost to ensure you find the right mortgage for you.
- Accord Mortgages
- Airdrie Savings Bank Mortgages
- Allied Irish Bank (UK) Mortgages
- Bank of China (UK) Ltd Mortgages
- Bank of Ireland (NI) Mortgages
- Barclays mortgages
- Bath Investment & Building Society Mortgages
- Beverley Building Society Mortgages
- BM Solutions Mortgages
- Buckinghamshire Building Society Mortgages
- Cambridge Building Society Mortgages
- Chelsea Building Society Mortgages
- Chorley & District Building Society Mortgages
- Cumberland Building Society Mortgages
- Danske Bank Mortgages
- Darlington Building Society Mortgages
- Earl Shilton Mortgages
- Ecology Building Society Mortgages
- Family Building Society Mortgages
- First Trust Bank (NI) Mortgages
- Fleet Mortgages
- Foundation Home Loan Mortgages
- Furness Building Society Mortgages
- Godiva Mortgages
- Halifax mortgages
- Hanley Economic Building Society Mortgages
- Hinckley & Rugby Building Society Mortgages
- Holmesdale Building Society Mortgages
- Investec Private Bank Mortgages
- Ipswich Building Society Mortgages
- Kensington Mortgages
- Kent Reliance Mortgages
- Leek United Mortgages
- Lloyds Bank Mortgages
- Loughborough Building Society Mortgages
- Manchester Building Society Mortgages
- Mansfield Building Society Mortgages
- Market Harborough Building Society Mortgages
- Marsden Building Society Mortgages
- MBS Lending Mortgages
- Melton Mowbray Building Society Mortgages
- Metro Bank Mortgages
- Monmouthshire Building Society Mortgages
- Mortgage Trust Mortgages
- National Counties Building Society Mortgages
- Nationwide Mortgages
- Newbury Building Society Mortgages
- Norwich & Peterborough Mortgages
- Nottingham Building Society Mortgages
- Paragon Mortgages
- Penrith BS Mortgages
- Penrith Building Society Mortgages
- Pink Home Loan Mortgages
- Platform Mortgages
- Precise Mortgages
- Principality Building Society Mortgages
- Progressive Building Society Mortgages
- Saffron Building Society Mortgages
- Santander Mortgages
- Scottish Building Society Mortgages
- Scottish Widows Bank Mortgages
- Skipton International Mortgages
- Stafford Railway BS Mortgages
- Teachers BS Mortgages
- Tesco Bank Mortgages
- The Co-Operative Bank Mortgages
- The Mortgage Works Mortgages
- Tipton & Coseley Mortgages
- Tipton and Coseley BS Mortgages
- TSB Mortgages
- Vernon BS Mortgages
- 0% Deposit
- 1 Year Fixed Rate Mortgages
- 10 Year Fixed Rate Mortgages
- 10% Deposit Mortgages
- 100% Mortgages
- 15% Deposit Mortgages
- 2 Year Fixed Rate Mortgages
- 2 Year Fixed Rate Remortgages
- 20% Deposit Mortgages
- 3 Year Fixed Rate Mortgages
- 4 Year Fixed Rate Mortgages
- 5 Year Fixed Rate 90% LTV Mortgage
- 5 Year Fixed Rate Mortgages
- 5 Year Fixed Rate No Fee Mortgages
- 5 Year Fixed Rate Offset Mortgages
- 5 Year Fixed Rate Remortgages
- 5 Year Plus Fixed Rate Mortgages
- 5% Deposit Mortgage
- 50% LTV Mortgage
- 60% LTV Mortgages
- 65% LTV Mortgages
- 70% LTV Mortgages
- 75% Fixed Rate Mortgages
- 75% LTV Mortgages
- 80% LTV Mortgages
- 80% LTV Remortgages
- 80% Mortgages
- 85% LTV Mortgages
- 85% LTV Remortgages
- 85% Mortgages
- 90% Fixed Rate Mortgages
- 90% LTV Mortgages
- 90% LTV Remortgages
- 90% Mortgages
- 95% Fixed Rate Mortgages
- 95% LTV Mortgages
- 95% LTV Remortgages
- 95% Mortgages
- Bad Credit Mortgages
- Buy to Let 15% Deposit Mortgages
- Buy to Let 50% LTV Mortgages
- Buy to Let 60% LTV Mortgages
- Buy to Let 70% LTV Mortgages
- Buy to Let 75% LTV Mortgages
- Buy to Let 80% LTV Mortgages
- Buy to Let Fixed Rate Mortgages
- Buy to Let Mortgages
- Buy to Let No Fee Mortgages
- Buy to Let Remortgages
- Cashback Mortgages
- Compare Mortgages
- Compare Mortgages
- Current Account Mortgages
- Discount Mortgages
- First Time Buyer Help to Buy Mortgages
- First Time Buyer Mortgages
- First Time Buyers 100% Mortgages
- First Time Buyers 5% Deposit Mortgages
- First Time Buyers 75% LTV Mortgages
- First Time Buyers 80% LTV Mortgages
- First Time Buyers 85% LTV Mortgages
- First Time Buyers 90% LTV Mortgages
- First Time Buyers 95% LTV Mortgages
- Fixed Rate Interest Only Mortgages
- Fixed Rate Mortgages
- Fixed Rate No Fee Mortgages
- Flexible Mortgages
- Interest Only Mortgages
- Interest Only Remortgages
- Low Deposit Mortgages
- Lowest Fixed Rate Mortgages
- Mortgage Calculator
- Mortgage Deals
- No Fee Mortgages
- No Fee Remortgages
- Offset Flexible Mortgages
- Offset Mortgages
- Offset No Fee Mortgages
- Repayment Mortgages
- Residential Mortgages
- Residential Remortgages
- Right to Buy Mortgages
- Shared Ownership
- Shared Ownership Mortgages
- Top 10 Mortgages
- Tracker Mortgages
- Tracker Remortgages
- Variable Rate Mortgages
Knowyourmoney.co.uk is a free service with no charge to the user, for more details on how our site works click here.
Knowyourmoney.co.uk is a trading style of Notice Media Ltd, Registered Office: Floor 3 Haldin House, Old Bank of England Court, Queen Street, Norwich, Norfolk NR2 4SX Registered in England & Wales No 05409985 and also in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1988) Registration Number: Z955517X
Notice Media is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FRN 771521. In respect of consumer credit, knowyourmoney.co.uk acts as a credit broker - not a lender.