Compare 2-Car Breakdown Cover
Flash Sale Now On! 25% Off Personal Based Cover Levels*
- RAC vans carry over 500 tools and parts
- RAC fix 4 out of 5 cars at the roadside in just 30 minutes on average
- RAC Breakdown Cover has been awarded a 5-Star rating by Defaqto
Options Roadside Assistance National Recovery Home Start European Cover
- GEM breakdown cover was voted 'Best Breakdown Cover - Gold Winner' in the Auto Express Driver Power Survey 2018
- GEM Motoring Assist Breakdown Cover has a Defaqto 5 Star Rating
- GEM's 24/7 UK breakdown cover includes - Roadside Assistance, Nationwide Recovery, Home Assistance, Onward Travel and Club Membership
Options Roadside Assistance National Recovery Home Start Onward Travel European Cover
- 4/5 customers would recommend Green Flag to friends and family
- Green Flag will beat your AA and RAC renewal quote by 50%
Our comparison service features a selection of providers from whom we receive commission. This table is initially ordered according to our commercial arrangements. Use the drop down menu at the top of the page to order by other criteria.
† If you see a 'best seller' label on a product this means that the product was selected the most from knowyourmoney.co.uk in the previous month.
Breakdown Cover for 2 Cars FAQs
If I take out breakdown cover for 2 cars, what types of cover are available?
Whether you are looking for breakdown cover for two cars, a single car or several cars, providers will ask you to choose the level of cover you require. What is included in each level of cover will differ between policies and providers, so this is just a rough guide.
- Roadside assistance - this is the most basic level of breakdown assistance and will usually involve an engineer coming out to you when you break down to try to fix your vehicle by the roadside. It may also include recovery to a nearby garage if the engineer fails to fix the problem.
- Home start – this usually means that a provider will also send an engineer out to try to fix your car if your car won’t start at home.
- National recovery – this level of cover often covers you for recovery to a garage anywhere in the country and may also include recovery for you, as the driver, and even for your passengers. The policy may help you continue an onward journey, or to return home if you break down while on holiday, for example.
- European cover – if you take out European cover it could mean that your vehicle, yourself and your passengers can receive roadside assistance and recovery to any destination in Europe, although the exact details of the cover will vary.
Can you take out breakdown cover for 2 cars under a single policy?
Many providers will allow you to include more than one car under a single breakdown cover policy.
Who might want to take out breakdown cover for 2 cars?
People living in homes with more than one car could benefit from a ‘multi-car’ breakdown cover policy. Couples living together with separate cars, or families with adult children still living at home with their own cars are obvious candidates.
Can I take out breakdown cover for 2 cars only?
Only covering two cars, as opposed to several cars, can be cheaper. For example, some breakdown cover providers will charge you extra per vehicle you add to the policy. As many households are two-car households, many policyholders will opt to cover two vehicles only.
What are the advantages of taking out breakdown over for 2 cars?
Although it will usually cost more to include two cars on a breakdown policy, as opposed to just one, it may be cheaper than taking out two separate policies. Having just one policy can also mean you only have one policy to manage, pay for and renew.
How do I take out breakdown cover for 2 cars?
You can click through from our comparison tables to the various providers who offer the option to take out breakdown cover for two cars. Each provider will have a different application process, but most will usually involve an information request form that you can complete online or a telephone call made to the relevant customer service department.
AA Breakdown Cover
Established in 1905, the AA is one of the best-known breakdown cover providers, with the UK?s largest in-house recovery fleet.Read more
Owned byRight Choice Insurance Brokers (RCIB), AutoAid offer personal-based breakdown cover that comes with free cover for spouses (terms apply).Read more
Emergency Assist Breakdown Cover
Independent breakdown provider established in 2017. Emergency Assist provide low cost UK and European recovery membership.Read more
Euro Plus Breakdown Cover
European breakdown cover specialists offering cover on the continent provided by Allianz Global Assistance.Read more
Eversure Breakdown Cover
Eversure is an insurance intermediary that offers vehicle recovery services provided by National Breakdown.Read more
GEM Motoring Assist Breakdown Cover
Established in 1932, GEM is a personal breakdown cover provider that has been offering recovery assistance since 1978.Read more
Green Flag Breakdown Cover
One of the UK's leading recovery companies that works with a nationwide network of breakdown specialists.Read more
MotorEasy Breakdown Cover
MotorEasy aim to take the hassle out of car ownership by providing a range of products and services including UK and European breakdown membership.Read more
Nova Direct Breakdown Cover
Nova Direct is an insurance specialist - Policy Excess Insure Ltd providing a range of breakdown cover options.Read more
RAC Breakdown Cover
Long established motoring association that has been at the forefront of British vehicle recovery since the 19th century.Read more
- Annual European Breakdown Cover Go
- Breakdown Cover for Older Cars Go
- Caravan Breakdown Cover Go
- European Breakdown Cover Go
- Home Start Breakdown Cover Go
- Instant Breakdown Cover Go
- Joint Breakdown Cover Go
- Motorbike Breakdown Cover Go
- National Recovery Breakdown Cover Go
- Onward Travel Breakdown Cover Go
- Personal Breakdown Cover Go
- Roadside Assistance Breakdown Cover Go
- Single Trip European Breakdown Cover Go
- Van Breakdown Cover Go
Award-winning comparisons you can trust
It's always nice to know you're on the right track. Over the years, as we have striven to improve the services we provide to our clients and users, we have been pleased to receive recognition for our efforts from both industry and consumer bodies.