Breakdown Cover Hub
Vehicle breakdowns can be expensive if you don't have the right cover. If you need information on finding the perfect products for your motoring needs we've got you covered with informative articles, handy guides and product comparisons.
What Is The Cost Of Owning A Car In The UK?
Are you one of the 65% of Brits who don’t know how much they’re paying to run their car? Our exclusive survey has revealed that it costs an average of £3406.80 a year to run a car in the UK – or £5744.40 for those with car finance. Use our car costs calculator to calculate your car costs.Read more
The Most Recalled Cars of 2019
New data from the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), sourced by Know Your Money, reveals that Mercedes-Benz is the most recalled car brand of 2019.
Most popular articles
Compare Breakdown Cover Products
Compare features and prices on breakdown cover from leading providers with our quick and easy comparisons. Tailor your search to the type of cover you need to get an accurate idea of costs and benefits.
Breakdown cover: essential knowledge
Before you purchase breakdown cover it's important to make sure you understand the basics of this type of policy. Here's a brief rundown on the fundamentals:
- Every breakdown cover policy offers different levels of service, different cost structures and different exclusions. You must carefully examine all aspects of the product to ensure it adequately meets your needs.
- Breakdown cover provides you with assistance from a mobile mechanic when your vehicle malfunctions.
- Breakdown cover policies at the lower end of the market may not provide you with assistance at home.
- Specialist breakdown cover is required if you require assistance on the European mainland.
- Some breakdown cover policies will help towards the cost of accommodation or alternative onward travel if your car can't be fixed.
- There are two main type of policy: vehicle-based which covers a specific vehicle regardless of who is driving; and personal-based, which covers a specific person regardless of the vehicle they are driving. Not all providers offer both types of policy, however.
- From most providers, personal-based policies can be purchased for individuals, couples, groups or families. The more people covered by a policy the cheaper it will work out per person.
Compare Breakdown Cover Brands
We compare a wide range of leading breakdown providers from the well-known giants to the smaller recovery companies.
Award-winning comparisons you can trust
It's always nice to know you're on the right track. Over the years, as we have striven to improve the services we provide to our clients and users, we have been pleased to receive recognition for our efforts from both industry and consumer bodies.