EU Single Trip
- Price shown per day, based on a 7 day policy
- Awarded Feefo Platinum Trusted status, with 97% positive feedback in the last 12 months
- Nationwide coverage with home start
- Covers any driver in the vehicle
- Cover for vehicles under 15 years
- Includes 10% online discount
- 24-hour motor breakdown service Provided by Allianz Global Assistance, you will be covered for breakdown assistance, emergency roadside repairs, recovery and, if required, a replacement vehicle
- Cover within 35 Continental countries
- Cover for vehicles up to 15 years old
Our comparison service features a selection of providers from whom we receive commission. This table is initially ordered according to our commercial arrangements. Use the drop down menu at the top of the page to order by other criteria.
† If you see a 'best seller' label on a product this means that the product was selected the most from knowyourmoney.co.uk in the previous month.
Breakdown cover – single trip european cover FAQ
Breaking down when you’re a long way from home can be an extremely stressful experience and it can ruin your trip. Everything from trying to arrange repairs when you don’t speak the language, to hiring a car and paying for your vehicle to be returned to the UK, can be time-consuming, stressful and costly.
Many drivers using their cars in Europe take out European breakdown cover when they are planning a trip abroad to ensure they can easily call out an engineer if they break down.
What is European single trip breakdown cover?
Breakdown cover that incudes roadside assistance and other services when you break down in Europe can be taken out for a single trip or on an annual basis. Your individual circumstances and requirements will help you decide which option is right for you. European single trip cover is usually bought as an extra element as it is rarely included in a basic breakdown cover policy.
What does European single trip breakdown cover include?
The elements included in European single trip breakdown cover will be different depending on the arrangement you go for. However, below are a list of the common elements that you can look for:
- Recovery to a garage in the local area
- Repatriation of your car to the UK
- Recovery of yourself and passengers to anywhere in Europe
- Recovery of a car to a nearby garage
- Roadside assistance
- Recovery of a car to anywhere in Europe
- Courtesy car
It is worth noting that there are some additional factors that are seen as more unusual add-ons that you can specifically request if required. Again, these will vary depending on the policy so do be careful to check the individual arrangement that you secure:
- Inclusion of specific countries
- The timeline of the trip allowed under the policy
- Cost limits for repairs and/or travel expenses
- The age of the car that can be covered
- Expenses for your onward journey
- Passenger recovery
- Whether trailers, caravans and motorbikes are included
Who might take out European single trip breakdown cover?
European breakdown cover is popular with motorist heading over to Europe for any reason. However, whether you opt for single trip cover or annual cover is up to you. If you are going on one single holiday to Europe, then single trip cover might make more sense, but if there is a chance that you might drive in Europe again within the year, it might be worth considering annual cover.
When might European single trip breakdown cover not be useful?
It goes without saying that any variety of European breakdown cover is only necessary to add onto your policy if you are going to be driving in Europe. It’s important to check the limits on your single trip European breakdown cover policy, as many will only insure you for trips of a certain number of days (often around 90).
Therefore, anyone going to be using their car in Europe for a longer period of time may not qualify for European single trip cover with their provider. There is also likely to be limits on the number of callouts and the countries in which you are covered.
AA Breakdown Cover
Established in 1905, the AA is one of the best-known breakdown cover providers, with the UK?s largest in-house recovery fleet.Read more
Owned byRight Choice Insurance Brokers (RCIB), AutoAid offer personal-based breakdown cover that comes with free cover for spouses (terms apply).Read more
Emergency Assist Breakdown Cover
Independent breakdown provider established in 2017. Emergency Assist provide low cost UK and European recovery membership.Read more
Euro Plus Breakdown Cover
European breakdown cover specialists offering cover on the continent provided by Allianz Global Assistance.Read more
Eversure Breakdown Cover
Eversure is an insurance intermediary that offers vehicle recovery services provided by National Breakdown.Read more
GEM Motoring Assist Breakdown Cover
Established in 1932, GEM is a personal breakdown cover provider that has been offering recovery assistance since 1978.Read more
Green Flag Breakdown Cover
One of the UK's leading recovery companies that works with a nationwide network of breakdown specialists.Read more
MotorEasy Breakdown Cover
MotorEasy aim to take the hassle out of car ownership by providing a range of products and services including UK and European breakdown membership.Read more
Nova Direct Breakdown Cover
Nova Direct is an insurance specialist - Policy Excess Insure Ltd providing a range of breakdown cover options.Read more
RAC Breakdown Cover
Long established motoring association that has been at the forefront of British vehicle recovery since the 19th century.Read more
- 2-Car Breakdown Cover Go
- Breakdown Cover for Older Cars Go
- Caravan Breakdown Cover Go
- Family Breakdown Cover Go
- Home Start Breakdown Cover Go
- Instant Breakdown Cover Go
- Joint Breakdown Cover Go
- Motorbike Breakdown Cover Go
- Multi-Car Breakdown Cover Go
- National Recovery Breakdown Cover Go
- Onward Travel Breakdown Cover Go
- Personal Breakdown Cover Go
- Van Breakdown Cover Go
- Vehicle Breakdown Cover Go
Award-winning comparisons you can trust
It's always nice to know you're on the right track. Over the years, as we have striven to improve the services we provide to our clients and users, we have been pleased to receive recognition for our efforts from both industry and consumer bodies.