Do I need a credit card?
Using a credit card sensibly can carry advantages, such as cashback offers, protection when buying big-ticket items and various rewards and discounts. However, if you don’t use your credit card wisely, you can find yourself in debt and owing large amounts of interest.Read more
Most popular articles
Compare Credit Cards
We’ve teamed up with credit card eligibility specialists Totally Money to help you find which cards you’ll be accepted for without affecting your credit rating. The service is a quick, free and easy way to compare and choose your ideal credit card.
Essential credit card knowledge
- Credit cards are a flexible way to borrow and pay back money as you choose, on an on-going arrangement.
- Interest rates differ depending on whether you pay for items using your card, take out cash, or transfer in balances from other debts.
- Credit cards are provided by banks and other financial institutions who work with companies like Visa and MasterCard to process payments.
- If you pay off your balance during each billing period, you won?t pay any interest.
- Exceeding your credit limit or missing repayment deadlines will result in penalty charges and can adversely affect your credit profile.
- Some credit cards offer interest-free periods on purchases, balance transfers or both.
- Cash-back credit cards return a percentage of each purchase back to the account holder.
- Reward credit cards can provide a host of additional benefits such as exclusive access to gigs and discounts on leisure and retail outlets.
Compare Credit Card Brands
Our partner, Totally Money, let you check your eligibility for credit cards from leading UK banks and credit card providers.
Award-winning comparisons you can trust
It's always nice to know you're on the right track. Over the years, as we have striven to improve the services we provide to our clients and users, we have been pleased to receive recognition for our efforts from both industry and consumer bodies.